Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall 2006!
My summer quickly came to an end with our Fall MBA classes kick off last Wednesday. The end of Pre-term was a whole lot of fun. We went up to Catskill, NY for a retreat, where we did a series of team building activities that included singing and dancing in front of our cohort of 65 people. My learning team did a rendition of "YMCA", changing the lyrics to be MBA specific. One team did "I will survive" and another team had a former opera singer do a solo while her teammates waltzed to the song. All the performances were pretty funny, and for the most part, the central theme of the lyrics seem to revolve around alcoholism, time management, and the big bucks that we will supposedly be making when we get out of here in two years. Other activities included a rope course, canoe race, and creating a marketing venture.This semester I'm taking six classes: Marketing, Statistics, Accounting, Finance, Econ, and a Management classes. I don't think I've ever had more than 4 classes at once back in college, so I'm not sure how I'm going to do this. It looks like some prioritizing will have to be done. My schedule gets pretty nasty starting this coming week and it doesn't let up until after the first week of December. Hopefully I'll survive and y'all will get to see me in one piece when I come home for winter break.
I made a last minute decision to take the bus up to Manhattan to get lunch with Charles and Lauren yesterday. Even though I had to wake up at 7am to catch the bus, I'm glad I went because I do miss those two a whole lot. A year ago, who would've thought that the three of us would meet up in Manhattan?? Same people, different side of the country. It sure was a strange feeling. It still amazes me everytime I think of how I actually made that move to the East Coast.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home