Some observations
After a couple weeks here I am beginning to be able to pinpoint the obvious differences between East Coast and West Coast cultures.To name a couple:
Texting - People LOOOOOVE to text message one and another here. It is the leading choice of communication when it comes to short messages. I'm seriously considering getting on the $5.99/month for unlimited text messaging plan. Otherwise I'd definitely go broke texting.
Walking - In Caifornia I cannot imagine walking more than six or seven blocks. A parking spot that's three blocks away from the destination is considered too far. Here, people walk 20 blocks to get to the super market and walk 20 blocks back with 2 or 3 bags of groceries in 90-degree and 70% humidity weather.
On a side note, I've added one more goal for myself. I have got to learn to remember people's names better. It isn't uncommon for me to meet someone and forget his/her name a minute later, especially right now since I'm literally meeting 20 or 30 people a day. Tonight as I was walking to a bar, somebody called my name from a block away. It was a guy that I had met earlier. I totally recall meeting him somewhere but I couldn't remember his name if my life depended on it. When I got home tonight I immediately got on facebook to see if I can find out his name and guess what? There are about 10 people that could be him. ARGH!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home