3.07.2006

Part of the challenge of being unemployed is to learn to be comfortable spending everyday of your life by yourself while your employed friends are at work and to do it without feeling like a total loser. The key is to do the things that you never could find time to do because you were busy working during the week and busy unwinding during the weekend.

In light of my lack of a steady income, I took advantage of the free admission day today at the de Young Museum. Having lived in San Francisco for the past 17 years of my life, I am ashamed to say that I have only set foot in this museum only once, and that was probably over 15 years ago. Anyway, I only had time to check out the Central America and contemporary art galleries today because I spent too much time in the observation tower admiring the 360-degree view of San Francisco. Needless to say it was absolutely breath taking. I'm going to have to go back next month to finish up the rest of the galleries. I can't say that I'm much of an artsy fartsy type of person, but I do admire and appreciate what artists can do with their imagination and skills. Great artists are truly gifted.

I made it through another day of unemployment aka vacation... I shall now retire to bed for some reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home