12.07.2005

Day 3: THE Interview

I made it to a 10:30am class. New Product Development, exactly what I'm looking to do after b-school. Much of the material that was presented made a lot of sense to me and was very easy to grasp. It made me realize that while I barely picked up any new technical skills, I actually did learn a whole lot from working extensively with product marketing over the past 4+ years. Working here hasn't been too bad afterall.

Of the 20 or 30 people that I met today at the admissions office, only one person had a similar background as me. Whereas you can pretty much assume everyone's an engineer over here, you can pretty much assume that everyone's some sort of private equity or consultant over there. It's definitely a change and it's nice being in the minority group for once.

I was interviewed by a second year student who was extremely gorgeous, confident, and had an exotic European accent. What a killer combo! I was a bit nervous at first but relaxed half way through and I think the interview came out positive. Fingers crossed!! After spending two days on campus visiting classes, talking to students and other applicants, and touring around the facility, I became so attached to Wharton! I can totally see myself spending two years here and making lots of friends. I hope I get in!

I got some freebies too!
Free bus ride (bus driver told me to keep the bills and enjoy myself)
Free soup of the day (waiter told me not to worry about it and have a good night)
Free Smirnoff Ice (at the MBA pub)

Maybe it's a sign!

Bhakti and I met up as well. She looks great! It's nice to be seeing familiar faces...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home