Day Two: Wharton
It was warmer in Philadelphia on this day than it was over Thanksgiving in the Bay Area. I miscalculated the time it takes to get to campus by bus and missed the 10:30 class that I wanted to visit. Instead I spent my time talking to current students at the admissions office. I really enjoyed talking to them because it gave me an excellent idea of what it's like to be a student at Wharton. I only saw maybe five or six prospective students tops waiting to be interviewed on this day.
At a little past 11 I called up Tim who came by to Huntsman to pick me up. It was good seeing him. He showed me around campus and inside the law school. I was really surprised at the level of security at the law school. Every student had to show their ID for passage and every visitor had to sign in. I don't remember it being like that at Boalt. We then ran into Eugene and we all had lunch together. The two of them totally cracked me up.
After lunch I took a guided tour inside Huntsman. The facility was absolutely amazing! Each floor has twenty or so group study rooms equipped with LCD monitors and white boards that can hook up to any laptop. And there are even screens around the building that tells you whether there are availabilities broken down by floor! Wow!
I ended my day early so that I could head back to my room to plan out the points I wanted to get across during my interview on the next day. Doing that definitely helped me become more coherent when answering the questions.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home