11.22.2005

Mr Penguin the up and coming tennis star

Ever since I met my first bf the hot shot tennis stud I've been dying to learn how to play tennis. I inherited his first tennis racket (which I constantly wonder whether it should be returned to him or not and which I cherish very much). But it wasn't until a couple of years ago that I actually learned how to play. I've come a long way and Benny aka my awesome tennis coach can definitely attest to that. Two years ago he brought a grocery bag full of tennis balls and fed them to me just so that I could hit them over the fence and into the bushes. Today we're actually able to rally back and forth rather consistently.

With confidence everything, tennis included, can be conquered. Once I got over being self-conscious about hitting balls into other people's courts, I was actually able to hit pretty well. I'm really happy about the dramatic breakthrough I had this past Saturday. And thanks to Alan, I now have in my possession some pictures of me looking like I knew what I was doing with my tennis racket.

Tennis is now officially my sport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home