2.01.2007

Ding and more dings

Ouch, so I have been rejected by all six of the consulting firms. It has been frustrating because I spent the past month practicing cases diligently on a daily basis and in the end I didn't even make it to the second round for any of these companies. Perhaps it's an indication that consulting is not the right job for me. I do agree with that to a certain extent. It is very stressful to be client facing all the time and on top of that, consultants have to spend much of their time convincing people of ideas that they don't even believe in or know much about. That's not really my ideal type of job.

So now the job search goes on. I have always been interested in consumer products so that's where I'll shift my focus. They hire a lot of marketing folks and that job does sound very interesting to me. The trouble there is, once recruiters see that I am an engineer by training and profession, I get an automatic ding. I don't even get a chance to tell my story. Sigh.

Wish me lots of luck folks. Hopefully I'll find something interesting to do this summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home