Caffeine poisoning
Ever heard of caffeine poisoning before?Neither have I... until it happened to me on Sunday. I was at the airport Sunday morning waiting to board a flight to Burbank. I was sleepy so I thought what the heck, let me get myself a cup of coffee. It should've been alarming that I had to use four packs of sugar to cover up the bitterness.
An hour after I consumed the "regular" coffee, I was on the plane half way to Burbank. I started to feel nauseous and my heart rate went way up. Uh oh! I got a cup of water and that made me feel slightly better temporarily. Upon landing I took a shuttle across the valley to UCLA and boy the shuttle driver must've been in hell of a hurry. His crazy driving almost made me puke!
By the time I got to Holee's place, I passed out. While I was trying to rest, my arms jolted involuntarily and randomly. That was quite scary. After that initial nap I felt a lot better but I passed out a couple more times throughout the day. Luckily Holee's futon was very comfy.
I don't think I completely recovered until I took a sick day yesterday and pretty much spent the entire day sleeping. This experience was almost as bad as the time I got drunk one Sunday night and couldn't go to work until the following Wednesday.
I guess for someone who doesn't normally consume caffeine, getting a coffee at the stand is a BAD idea.
That's it! I'm quitting caffeine!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home